Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Work in progress

There's an unbelievable amount of work involved in just getting things ready for the tank. I finally got the brush all cleaned up. Now tomorrow my husband is going to come back down and hopefully level the new parking areas. I cleared two because it seems there's never enough parking space. Then we need to make a berm around the new tank area so rain runoff doesn't undermine the tank. And he needs to get all the sand from the arroyo that he can get.

One of two piles of sand from yesterday. Much more to come.
We also need some gravel. I have some stored a couple of blocks from the oasis but that means getting a dump truck down here. My son has access to one but it needs some work done. I have to push him, push my husband, and probably sift some of the sand too. I'm willing if my body will hold up.

Here's a Ruby-throated Hummingbird all fattened up for its migration. Maybe across the Gulf of Mexico, don't know.


Everything seems to be blooming. Words can't describe the wonder! Here are a couple of favorites of mine. I call them Indian Rouge Plant. Some people call them Pigeonberries. (Rivina humilis)



No comments:

Post a Comment