Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Tank patching day

I set up my patching operation with a lightweight chair and floated my supplies in. (Broom is to help me walk in and out without falling down.)


Biggest hole that I chiseled out around the crack

Patching in progress
Smaller hole chiseled for repair
 
Patching completed

Pumping water back in

After I had the two big holes patched plus two tiny ones I discovered 4 more pinholes. I was out of hydraulic patch and the other stuff I tried didn't work on an active leak. So I went to town for more hydraulic patch and when I got back it had stopped leaking into the tank, so the other stuff would have worked. After patching, I put some Dryloc coating on. It's supposed to dry for 3 hours but I only gave it an hour. As it is, I'll be up pumping most of the night. Need to get it back into the tank so not so much is lost. Maybe we'll get more rain this year too, but I think I'll be able to eke by if we don't.

Here's a new addition to Brian's collection, a male and female Two-tailed Swallowtail.



No comments:

Post a Comment