Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Different odes daily

While I don't have a large number of odes in Alpine, I do notice there's usually a different one from what was there the day before. Today I noticed fewer amberwings, so have given up on refinding the Mexican. But I saw a Plateau Dragonlet today for the first time this year and don't see the Commanche Skimmer here anymore that I saw a couple of days ago. Change is good but I had hoped the Mexican Amberwing would stay around at least long enough for a professional to photograph it.

Plateau Dragonlet

I'm convinced the amberwings do change feeding "territories" though, because yesterday I saw one with a round hole on one wing and today I saw the same one at the other pond.

Tomorrow to CMO for four days!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment