Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Moving right along

This morning I took off the form on the window ledge.


Now I need to put a trim board over that space below the window. Did some caulking today and had to service feeders and come to town, so didn't get it done yet. Next time.

Hugh went to Odessa today and got 2 more biopsies. One on a dark patch on his face, and the other on a lump on his arm. I feel guilty just having warts when he gets all this cancerous stuff, but then I remember he's never been to a dentist in his life and has perfect teeth. I've had nothing but dental woes my whole life. At the moment my implants are doing satisfactory, but nothing can take the place of natural teeth, not to mention the years of dental pain and agony. So I try not to feel too guilty.

Here's a female or juvenile Calliope Hummingbird from the oasis today.


And an adult male Calliope from Alpine today. (He's a bit camera shy.)


A male Broad-tailed is still hanging around. (Alpine)


I threw out a bunch of peach pits into the garden to compost. Question Marks love it. (Alpine)



2 comments:

  1. Photos are really good. Looks like you have the learning curve beat with your newest camera .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they're as good as I'll ever be able to do. The Lumix is all automatic but it's a good quality bridge camera, I think. Some of those hummer pics are better because I'm shooting out the bedroom window and the feeders are just right outside. That's in town. The oasis pics are harder to get close to the bird.

    ReplyDelete