Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Take nothing for granted

I always expected my doctor's office (Alpine Family Care) would be available to me for the rest of my life. I've been going there for nearly 40 yrs. The first time was when they were located inside the old Big Bend Memorial Hospital, if I remember correctly. But they have now closed. So I went to pick up my records along with everyone else. The line was all the way out into the parking lot even though it didn't move that slowly. The longest line I've ever been in at Alpine.


About the time my part of the line moved indoors, it started raining outside. I got lucky there. I'm going to start using Hugh's doctor. He likes him a lot and I'm not picky. I never see a doctor anyway, just a nurse practitioner. 

The rain system is giving the area some much needed moisture, but just long, slow drizzles. Nothing in my tanks. Need a hurricane. And it might happen in the next six weeks or so before rainy season ends. If it doesn't, the oasis as I know it is finished. I can't take it for granted either.



No comments:

Post a Comment