Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Nature's handiwork

I love my little arroyo trail adjacent to the oasis through the expanding soapberry patch. It's a special place. Here's the beginning of the short trail.


And here's the middle of it.


I think before long the soapberry will have expanded all the way to the dam. That'll really be cool, and nearly double the length of it. It's working that way. I have to remove the saplings that come up in the middle of the trail so I can get through. When we get monsoons there should be great odes there. For some reason dragonflies love to forage in the arroyo, probably because it attracts insects. This thicket wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the dam retaining water for a few days after a heavy rain, letting it soak into the ground real good. After the monsoons I plan to level the trail better as I normally do.

Have a lot going on this month. We have a rent house coming vacant which will need cleaning. My Austin son is buying a rental property here in Alpine that I hope to be able to help him get ready to rent. Then my husband had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from his hand. He needs to get more surgery to it after we get done with the rent house since he won't be able to use the hand for a while after surgery.  My Alpine son got his divorce today. Then there's the hummingbird festival that will be bringing tours to CMO 3 days. After the festival it's time for my second (and final) shingles vaccine which will probably lay me low for awhile if it's anything like the first. Besides my normal schedule which I hope won't include watering for a while. Fingers crossed. Speaking of fingers, I have a lump on one finger that looks just like the lump Hugh had removed that was cancerous, so gonna have to get that checked out next week. I paid no attention to it, but other than being smaller than his, it looks the same. Probably nothing. It's been there at least 6 months. I think it's just a wart.



No comments:

Post a Comment