Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, August 3, 2018

Feeling a bit puny

I knew it was time to come to CMO today to water and service feeders. Really did not feel like it. Good thing I did though. The feeders were real low. Lots of hummers but mostly Black-chinneds. Some Lucifers and one male Rufous. So I dragged myself, and the hoses, around. Before long it was 103° and naptime. Will finish watering in the morning, then back to town. Not fun here. Trying to come up with a fun place to go soon for odeing. I don't think oding will get fun until after the monsoons, like last year. If we even get monsoons.

Photographed a Variegated Meadowhawk. Usually a common species here but hadn't seen one yet this year.


And wasn't too pleased to see a juvenile Brown-headed Cowbird. Hope some poor oasis bird didn't struggle through this heat to nurture it. Maybe it came in from somewhere else.


I try to tell myself I should just consider myself lucky to have AC and cold watermelon. I can't even imagine living through a summer without those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment