Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

What's for lunch?

I only photographed one ode today, an ovipositing female Common Whitetail. I can just imagine those gambusias swarming around as she lays eggs, waiting for their lunch.



I saw what I thought was an adult male Allen's Hummingbird, but couldn't get a diagnostic photo of it. Not even sure this is the same green-backed individual that I had seen.


So later I positioned my camera in the window to try again when I spotted a red bird foraging in the grape arbor some distance away. Thinking a leucistic Summer Tanager procuring his lunch. The blur on the photo is from a hummingbird feeder near me. I had to shoot past it out the window.


My friend, Bonnie Wunderlich, snapped this photo of a rattlesnake savoring its lunch of a Black-throated Sparrow. Taken at her home near Big Bend National Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment