Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Forecast rain

Getting excited here. Don't see how it can miss us. Monsoons coming next week.

And another thing I'm excited about. I simply could not tolerate the focus assist feature in my camera. Was ready to dump it and buy a new one. Then, last night, I finally found out how to disable that function after googling it many time previously with no luck. It was hidden somewhere in the esoterical camera menu. Next to it was an option to make the camera so you can manual focus while in auto mode. I selected that too. I can't begin to tell you how many shots I've missed because of those features being set wrong for my needs. Haven't tried it yet. Will when I get time. Have to finish my work in town so I can go water tomorrow. After tomorrow, I shouldn't have to water for several more weeks at least. Keep your fingers crossed!

UPDATE: Got my work done and tried out the camera. I had set a couple of other things that sounded like something I should do and had to go back and do a bunch more tweaking but finally have it perfect. Not going to touch the settings again. For the first time since I bought the camera it's working efficiently the way I want it. Awesome! Too bad no interesting odes or butterflies here in town at our ponds. Just snapped a lot of Eastern Amberwings.




1 comment: