Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Not sure yet

Exactly 8 hrs after marking the water line in the tank (in the dark leaning over the tank with a flashlight) I checked the level again. I had made two marks, one on the wall, and one on a gradual slope. It seemed like the water level had gone down half an inch on the slope and one inch on the wall. Multiplied by 3 to get a 24 hr reading.

When I did those measurements the water was still in motion from all the pumping activity. So I'm trying to think it couldn't be leaking that much. That would be about the same as before I patched it. I need to wait a few days and check again to get a better feel of it.

I've done all I can do to the tank this time of year. I risked a rain filling the tank before I got it patched. If it still leaks, I'll have to just live with it until it goes dry in the winter. Then I would need to totally empty it, clean it, and inspect it for possible leaks. I'm still optimistic that the water just hadn't settled down in the tank when I did the measurements. It was very late at night and I was exhausted, so didn't want to wait another 30 minutes or hour. No idea how long it would take, but this AM is was as calm as could be. Not so last night.

Today I just did catch-up in town. Dried another batch of apples and what was left of the peaches. Lots more apples to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment